Add an entirely new Mod:
- You need to have a GitHub account first.
- It is recommended to download GitHub Desktop for easier file and branch management.
Step by step:
- If you want to add a new mod to our project, firstly check the mod list in our GitHub and on our Faithful Website by typing the name of the mod or its assets folder name.
See here if the mod repository already exists.
- If the mod does not have any repository, then create a repository in your own profile (if you have access to the Faithful Mods organisation, then create it there), the repository needs to have the same name as the
assetsfolder file (ex:
Actually Additionsmod repository would be named:
- Keep the
mainbranch empty (you can add a
license.mdstuff but no textures on that branch) and make a new branch for each supported Minecraft version.
mainbranch needs to be set as the default branch! Do not merge others branches to the main branch!
- Only textures files should be inside minecraft branches,
license.mdfiles shouldn’t be there!
- If you made your repository before the 1st October 2020, rename your
- If you want to license your work, please consider a license that follow the Faithful License
Upload your textures in each branch (see how here).
Your repository now should look like this:
- You need to create an
assetsfolder and place your textures inside!
pack.mcmetaare not needed anymore, because that process is now automated.
- Final step: ask Juknum#0001 on the Faithful Extra Discord to add the mods to the website